Dr. Joseph Naim and the staff at Soma Weight Loss are pleased to announce the Soma Weight Loss Health & Wellness Scholarship. This $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a student (undergrad or graduate) in a field that promotes achieving and maintaining a healthy weight — such as dietitian, nutritionist, bariatric nurse or surgeon, exercise physiologist or weight loss counselor.
At Soma Weight Loss, we see people who are desperate to get back on the road to good health. We help them lose weight, reclaim their lives and achieve their dreams. We love what we do, and we are thrilled to support a deserving student who wants to help others in the same way.
There are two awards — one in spring 2018 and one in fall 2018. Each award is $1,000. You can only receive the award once.
How to apply for the Soma Weight Loss Health & Wellness Scholarship
It’s simple, really; just fill out the form below before the deadlines. The deadline for the first scholarship is March 31, 2018, and the deadline for the second scholarship is September 30, 2018. The process requires an essay and a copy of your transcripts.
Important points to know:
- Grades: There is no minimum SAT/ACT or GPA required
- Residency requirement: United States resident
- School year and college: Must be an undergraduate or graduate student (any age) in an accredited U.S. education institution
- Major: Must be a major in any of the healthcare fields that promote achieving and maintaining a healthy weight
- Essay: Explain, in a 500 to 1,000-word essay, why you are studying your chosen field and what good health means to you
- Transcripts: You must upload a copy of your transcripts displaying your name, school name and degree program
- Deadline: First scholarship: March 31, 2018. Second scholarship: September 30, 2018.
- Amount: $1,000 (each scholarship)
Some error has occured.
We will notify the winner of the first scholarship via email by April 30, 2018, and the scholarship money will be awarded by May 15, 2018. We will notify the winner of the second scholarship via email by October 31, 2018; the money for the second scholarship will be awarded by November 15, 2018. Please be advised that Soma Weight Loss will publish the name and picture of the recipient in a future blog post.
Contact Soma Weight Loss to learn more
Soma Weight Loss is a bariatric surgery clinic with three locations in the Los Angeles area. We perform the following procedures:
If you have questions or are interested in learning more about bariatric surgery and how it helps people achieve happier, healthier lives, please contact us.