Obalon Balloon System in Los Angeles
What is the Obalon Balloon System?
The Obalon Balloon System is a non-surgical weight loss treatment designed specifically for overweight and obese adults to help jump-start their weight loss journey. If diet and exercise alone haven’t worked for you and you live in the Los Angeles area, you may be a good candidate for this non-invasive weight loss procedure.
Patients who use the Obalon balloon system in combination with diet and exercise can lose up to twice as much weight as those who just diet and exercise alone.
Soma Bariatrics offers this fully-reversible weight loss system at our Los Angeles location. Obalon is safe, FDA-approved and affordable.
Some error has occured.
Take the next step and call us today.
How does the Obalon gastric balloon procedure work?
The Obalon gastric balloon procedure is quick and convenient — it takes less than 10 minutes. It’s an outpatient procedure and you can return home or even go to work right after the procedure.
This is how it works:
- You’ll swallow a small capsule that contains a folded up Obalon balloon, together with a glass of water. The capsule will have a thin catheter attached to it, and Dr. Joseph Naim will hold onto to the end of it to ensure it remains outside your mouth.
- Once you’ve swallowed the capsule, Dr. Naim will perform an ultrasound to confirm that it’s in your stomach.
- Dr. Naim will then inflate the balloon with Nitrogen via the catheter.
- After the balloon is inflated, Dr. Naim will carefully remove the catheter, leaving the inflated balloon in your stomach.
The inflated balloon will now take up space in your stomach, decreasing the capacity of your stomach. The balloon itself weighs less than a penny, but you’ll eat less because it’ll make you feel full more quickly.
This procedure will be repeated twice over the next two months, until three inflated balloons have been placed in your stomach. They’ll remain there for six months.
How is the Obalon balloon removed?
Is the Obalon balloon covered by insurance?
Interested in learning more about Obalon and how it compares to other gastric balloon procedures like Orbera or Reshape? Find out more with our comparison chart.
After the Obalon balloon procedure
The Obalon Balloon System is designed to be paired with a healthy diet and exercise for long-term results. Over the course of the six-month period, you’ll make lifestyle changes with the support of health and wellness experts. You’ll follow a nutrition and exercise plan in order to develop habits that you can sustain after the Obalon balloon has been removed, and will work closely with the Soma Care Team to achieve optimal results.
Obalon Balloon Results
- ⅔ of patients who used the Obalon Balloon System lost weight
- Patients who used Obalon together with diet programs and moderate intensity exercise have kept off 89 percent of their weight loss six months after removal of the balloons
- Patients who used three balloons over the six-month period saw 4.4 times the weight loss in comparison to patients who used two
You can achieve meaningingful results with this temporary weight loss system if you eat well and exercise regularly.
Testimonials for Dr. Naim and Soma Weight Loss
Learn more about the Obalon Balloon System in a free consultation
Adults who have a Body Mass Index of 30 to 40, and who have not been able to lose weight by following nutrition and exercise plans are ideal candidates for the Obalon balloon procedure. Obalon is designed to jump-start weight loss, and it has yielded promising results.
If you live in Los Angeles and want to learn more about the Obalon Balloon System, schedule a free consultation with Dr. Naim. Call at 855-SOMA-411 (766-2411) for more information.
Some error has occured.
Our weight loss location
8929 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211