Gastric Bypass Surgery in Los Angeles
What is gastric bypass surgery?
Many patients choose gastric bypass surgery due to the dramatic weight loss results it can create. Dr. Naim has performed thousands of these procedures, and we at Soma Weight Loss ensure the utmost in patient safety and comfort. Our patients are thrilled with better health and long-lasting weight loss results.
Is obesity seriously affecting the quality of your life? Are you plagued with such health problems as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, sleep apnea or gastroesophageal reflux disease? If you’ve found limited success through diet and exercise alone, you may be a good candidate for gastric bypass surgery.
Some error has occured.
How does gastric bypass surgery work?
While some doctors may perform gastric bypass surgery as an open surgery, at Soma Weight Loss in Los Angeles, our physician uses a minimally invasive technique called laparoscopic surgery. In this procedure:
- Tiny incisions are made in the abdomen, and laparoscopes (thin, long tubes with microscopic cameras) are inserted
- The stomach is divided, so that a small pouch remains at the top
- The small intestine is also divided and connected to the new small pouch
After gastric bypass surgery, patients are satiated faster and consume fewer calories, and the changes in gut hormones can help patients with Type 2 diabetes. If you’ve been unable to lose weight with exercise and nutrition alone, gastric bypass surgery may be an ideal solution.
After gastric bypass surgery
While our technique means patients in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills can look forward to returning to their everyday routine quickly, there will be some discomfort for about a week. Set aside three to five days for recovery in the hospital.
A few things are essential:
- Follow your physician’s orders regarding diet, which will include an all-liquid diet for the first day or so after the surgery and then progress to a pureed diet before transitioning back to solid food. This helps you avoid nausea, shakiness and diarrhea
- Eat your food slowly and mindfully to avoid stretching out the stomach and negatively affecting the results of the surgery
- Make healthy nutrition choices and integrate exercise into your lifestyle
Significant weight loss is expected when a patient follows all recommendations, including diet and fitness.
Testimonials for Dr. Naim and Soma Weight Loss
Learn More About Gastric Bypass Surgery in a Free Consultation
Gastric bypass surgery helps obese patients dramatically reduce their weight and live healthier lives. This surgery may also benefit health problems that are related to weight, including diabetes and high blood pressure.
If you have not been able to lose weight using healthy exercise and nutrition practices, and you are interested in qualifying for gastric bypass surgery, you must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of at least 40 OR
- Have a BMI of at least 35 and have weight-related health problems
- Be committed to integrating healthy lifestyle choices long-term for optimal results
Soma Weight Loss can help you lose weight for a healthier life.
Some error has occured.
Our weight loss locations
321 N. Larchmont Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90004
301 N. Avalon Blvd.
Wilmington, CA 90744
8929 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211