Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Los Angeles & Beverly Hills
What is gastric sleeve surgery?
Gastric sleeve surgery helps obese patients lose weight by making them feel satiated more quickly, which reduces the intake of food. In gastric sleeve surgery, 80 percent of the patient’s stomach is removed, and what remains resembles a “sleeve,” hence the name.
Besides reducing the volume of what the stomach can hold, the surgery also affects gut hormones that affect blood sugar control and satiety. Because of this, in some patients, these effects improve conditions of Type 2 diabetes.
Some error has occured.
How does gastric sleeve surgery work?
Gastric sleeve surgery is a safe, minimally invasive procedure that results in the stomach being able to hold a capacity of between 100mL to 150mL. This is the most popular type of bariatric surgical procedure at Soma Weight Loss and has a greater success rate than any other type of weight reduction surgery.
Here’s what happens during the surgery:
- Five tiny illuminated tubes, called laparoscopes, are inserted into the patient’s abdomen to allow for the stomach removal
- The remaining tissues are stapled together, and no post-operative adjustment is required
- This surgery is non-reversible and takes about 90 minutes
After gastric sleeve surgery
After gastric sleeve surgery is completed, a one-night stay at an aftercare facility is usually required. The patient will receive pain medication after the surgery.
For the first two weeks after the surgery, patients must follow a liquid diet. For the following two weeks, a pureed diet must be followed. After week 4 you will begin to integrate regular food into your diet in small portions.
Proper exercise and diet are required to maintain the results of gastric sleeve surgery. A patient can expect to lose a significant amount of weight within six months to three years after the surgery.
Testimonials for Dr. Naim and Soma Weight Loss
Learn More About Gastric Sleeve Surgery in a Free Consultation
If you live in Los Angeles and are interested in gastric sleeve surgery, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are between the ages of 18 and 60
- Your Body Mass Index (BMI) is 40 or more OR
- Your BMI is 35 or more, and you also have a major medical condition such as GERD, diabetes, heart disease or sleep apnea
- You are capable of following a healthy nutrition and exercise plan after your surgery
Some error has occured.
Our weight loss locations
321 N. Larchmont Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90004
301 N. Avalon Blvd.
Wilmington, CA 90744
8929 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211